Skip to content
Artist in Residence – Term 4, 2018
Year 3 PYP Unit of Inquiry – How we express ourselves – wet felt workshop
During Term 4, 2018, Gandel Besen House invited a number of artists to work with students in a range of workshops to allow a hands-on deeper understanding of an artist’s design process and how they can express themselves personally through the design elements and principles of each artist’s chosen medium.
I was invited to work with Year 3, and my workshop entailed:
– 3 sessions of 3 hours each;
– each student designing and making a 3D wet felt form expressing a personal memory or feeling;
– each student completing their own reflection booklet written by me especially for this unit;
– students focused on the Visual Art design elements and principles when planning their artwork to illustrate their memory or feeling;
– emphasis was on process not product;
– family members were invited in to share in the final stitching session to encourage connection;
– year 3 students held a mini exhibition to share their learning from all guest artist workshop groups.